A NEW JOURNEY
Well after a summer of too much working, and too much partying and drinking, it's time to get back on the healthy living bandwagon. They say setting goals is the first step to getting somewhere, so I guess I should set some goals down. Nothing too ambitious, don't want to scare myself before I begin.
Short Term Goals (next 2 weeks, ending 04 Sep 06)
1) eat breakfast, this one doesn't sound hard for most, but I've never been very good at getting up and eating when I wake up. I will eat something before I start my day at work.
2) walk 10 000 paces or a "good" 30 minutes of activity a day. Got a pedometer and two good legs, now all i got to do is walk. I know my average day at work will get me 4 000 paces, so I'll need to up the physical activity. Some days I subsitute other activites for walking, such as biking, cardio machines, yoga or weight training. I will do 10 000 paces or 30 min of activity per day.
3) Cut down on the fried foods. This one is going to be the toughest. I LOVE my french fries, and eating out at work is just too easy. No french fries for 2 weeks.
I think these 3 goals should be enough for the first 2 weeks, if I can make it 2 weeks with this I should be on a good path to increase my training.
Medium Term Goals
1) Pass my annual Physical Fitness Test before the Christmass break.
2) Increase my physical fitness and body look to a point that I am comfortable with.
3) Be ready for my promotion course next summer (may 07)
These aren't too ambitious, I'd like to loose about 20lbs and just re-capture my physical form of 2 years ago, that I lost due to some injuries and laziness.
Long Term Goals
1) Be able to pass selection for the CSOR (Canadian Special Forces Regiment)
2) Participate in an endurance challenge of some sort (adventure race, expedition)
3) Completely remove fast fried foods from my diet
These are 2 year goals, should be no problem if I can keep myself motiveted. Time will tell, and now to find a god system to keep me interested and motivated and that shows results.
Now that i have some goals I'll have to start putting a plan into place to enact these goals. The first part should't be too hard, just need to remember to eat in the morning, to walk more, and to avoid the evil french fry (oh how I love you).
Wish me luck.
Short Term Goals (next 2 weeks, ending 04 Sep 06)
1) eat breakfast, this one doesn't sound hard for most, but I've never been very good at getting up and eating when I wake up. I will eat something before I start my day at work.
2) walk 10 000 paces or a "good" 30 minutes of activity a day. Got a pedometer and two good legs, now all i got to do is walk. I know my average day at work will get me 4 000 paces, so I'll need to up the physical activity. Some days I subsitute other activites for walking, such as biking, cardio machines, yoga or weight training. I will do 10 000 paces or 30 min of activity per day.
3) Cut down on the fried foods. This one is going to be the toughest. I LOVE my french fries, and eating out at work is just too easy. No french fries for 2 weeks.
I think these 3 goals should be enough for the first 2 weeks, if I can make it 2 weeks with this I should be on a good path to increase my training.
Medium Term Goals
1) Pass my annual Physical Fitness Test before the Christmass break.
2) Increase my physical fitness and body look to a point that I am comfortable with.
3) Be ready for my promotion course next summer (may 07)
These aren't too ambitious, I'd like to loose about 20lbs and just re-capture my physical form of 2 years ago, that I lost due to some injuries and laziness.
Long Term Goals
1) Be able to pass selection for the CSOR (Canadian Special Forces Regiment)
2) Participate in an endurance challenge of some sort (adventure race, expedition)
3) Completely remove fast fried foods from my diet
These are 2 year goals, should be no problem if I can keep myself motiveted. Time will tell, and now to find a god system to keep me interested and motivated and that shows results.
Now that i have some goals I'll have to start putting a plan into place to enact these goals. The first part should't be too hard, just need to remember to eat in the morning, to walk more, and to avoid the evil french fry (oh how I love you).
Wish me luck.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home