Why did I stop working out again?
Today was a good day.
I've forgotten how much I enjoy going to the gym at the end of a long day. Why exactly did I stop going again? I can't really remember. But I know it's been 4 months since I've been to the gym, as my workout journal attested to when I opened it up to record today's workout. Right now, I'm following the Bill Philip's Body for Life workout program, it's one that I know, and that has worked for me in the past, and its fast, each of the 2 workouts only take 40 - 50 minutes to complete. So there isn't very much wasted time in the gym. When I got tot he gym, I was going to do a 5-10 minute warm up on the treadmill, which turned into a 20 minute run, over which I covered 2.3 miles, or 3.6km. Which isn't that bad considering the last time I ran, I could barely muster more than a brisk walk, and I was walking the first 3 minutes to warm up. I fear that my foot is going to rebel tomorrow.... Oh well...It felt good doing it! Anyways, tomorrow, I have my appointment to get some custom orthotics fitted. Even with a 20 minute run in there, my pedometer only read 9233 paces at the end of the day :( I was hoping for more. To offset my terrible weekend.
And in the food category, I'm still doing well, haven't skipped a breakfast yet, and still no French fries!!! Let me tell you, giving up the French fries, I think I'm starting to understand how someone that gives up smoking feels!
I'm starting to put together my goals for the next few weeks, lets see what interesting torture I can come up with.
I've forgotten how much I enjoy going to the gym at the end of a long day. Why exactly did I stop going again? I can't really remember. But I know it's been 4 months since I've been to the gym, as my workout journal attested to when I opened it up to record today's workout. Right now, I'm following the Bill Philip's Body for Life workout program, it's one that I know, and that has worked for me in the past, and its fast, each of the 2 workouts only take 40 - 50 minutes to complete. So there isn't very much wasted time in the gym. When I got tot he gym, I was going to do a 5-10 minute warm up on the treadmill, which turned into a 20 minute run, over which I covered 2.3 miles, or 3.6km. Which isn't that bad considering the last time I ran, I could barely muster more than a brisk walk, and I was walking the first 3 minutes to warm up. I fear that my foot is going to rebel tomorrow.... Oh well...It felt good doing it! Anyways, tomorrow, I have my appointment to get some custom orthotics fitted. Even with a 20 minute run in there, my pedometer only read 9233 paces at the end of the day :( I was hoping for more. To offset my terrible weekend.
And in the food category, I'm still doing well, haven't skipped a breakfast yet, and still no French fries!!! Let me tell you, giving up the French fries, I think I'm starting to understand how someone that gives up smoking feels!
I'm starting to put together my goals for the next few weeks, lets see what interesting torture I can come up with.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home